Thursday, July 22, 2010

Changes

So I have been on this diet for the past 18 days. I still have 10 more days to go. I dont know what the name of it is but the name I have given it is "The Starvation Diet" because I feel like I am literally starving lol. The point of the diet is to train your stomach to feel full on smaller amounts of food. All I've been eating for the past 18 days is lettuce, fruits, grilled chicken, cucumbers, etc. I havent had a carb in my body for a while (the diet did allow one slice of bread on the third and fifth day.)

As much as I feel like I have been suffering, I do think that my stomach is definitely used to eating a lot less now. I get fuller from eating just some grilled chicken and some steamed veggies. I am also drinking more water and eating a lot more fresh foods than I did in the past. I made a few adjustments to the diet as I've gone along. For example, some days require me to only eat fruit or vegetables for dinner. I'm sorry but I am not a rabbit so those days I add some grilled chicken to dinner. I have also added one tablespoon of low fat peanut butter the other day because my body was craving a fat. I figured peanut butter is a healthy fat.

And lets not get into cravings. All I think about is chocolate chip cookies, pizza, a juicy burger, moist brownies, garlic bread, french fries, etc. I have definitely learned to appreciate food in a different way. The crazy thing is that I have also been craving mangoes and other fruit that have too much natural sugar for me to eat during the diet. I never thought I would crave fruit. The other day, I was so excited that I was gonna eat okra for lunch. Yeah, okra...

After all this pain and suffering I am going through, you better believe that my eating habits have changed. I do NOT ever want to re-train my stomach ever again. I have learned so much so far. I no longer feel like food is my life and I am now eating to survive and because my body asks for it, not because my mind tells me it needs food. Also, this diet is definitely teaching me that I have more self control than I thought. Before, I would tell myself that there was no way I could resist a chocolate chip cookie and yet, I was able to bake chocolate chip cookies for Victor and I didnt eat a single one. In my eyes, that was a HUGE accomplishment. I mean who can resist home made chocolate chip cookies?

Oh and I've lost about 15lbs too! Guess thats also an accomplishment :)

2 comments:

  1. wow 15lbs!? GO YOU!!

    also...i LOVE okra. I can understand your excitement for it. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing it babe, keep up the good work! I am SO proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete