Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Watch Too Many Movies

The past few days I have been waking up precisely around 3:45am. I have no idea why I wake up and I have no recollection of how I end up going back to sleep. I just know that I always open my eyes and look at the clock right around this time and it has happened for 3 days.

Me, being the paranoid wuss that I am, thinks that this is some sort of message. Like maybe I'm supposed to realize something when I wake up or maybe some spirit/entity is trying to make me see something. I know it sounds stupid but I cant help thinking this. I watch too many movies...

Speaking of movies, I saw "Legion" the other day and I have to say that I was highly disappointed. The movie is about the apocolypse, where God gets mad at humans for being suck pricks and he wants to wipe out humanity. One of his angels, Michael, tries to stop the apocolypse and the fate of the world all depends on the baby of a pregnant white trash waitress. To me, the movie was a bit predictable. This topic has been beat to death and can get a bit corny. It had some good parts to it, but not enough to save the movie.

On the other hand, I saw "Inception" in the theaters and it was an excellent movie. Great cinematography, great acting, great directing, great theme and message. Its complicated and it makes you think from beginning to end. It gets your attention from the first minute til the last second and you go through a journey to try and follow whats going on and even after the movie ends, you are still not sure what happened. But its a good confusion, not a frustrating I-dont-wanna-watch-this-movie-anymore type confusion. I loved it and I would go see it again if I had the chance.

Im thinking about re-activating my Netflix account. I love Indie films and have a few that I am dying to watch (500 Days of Summer, Sunshine Cleaning, The Cake Eaters, etc) and I hope I get to watch soon. Any Indie film recommendations?

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your critique of those two films.

    I also tell people that after they watch Legion they should watch Book of Eli, just to continue with the whole really bad movie theme about the post apocalyptic world. LOL. Yeah I disliked them both, and it just turned out that I watched it in that order.

    ReplyDelete