Friday, August 19, 2011

But I Will Hold on Hope



I feel light today

Light like a floaty in a ray of sunshine that pours past the curtains.

I feel good...like really good.

Euphoric

Things are making sense and falling into place

I have never felt this way before but this is a feeling that I do not want to let go of.

I can attribute my feeling to several things that have happened recently:

1. I learned how to say no without feeling bad about it or regretting it

2. I learned, and am still learning, how to set boundaries

3. I learned how to get myself back from the mess I lost myself in

4. I learned to empathize

5. I learned how to see things from another point of view

6. I learned that the person I have spent the last 6 years of my life with truly loves me, especially during the times when I havent loved myself.


Knowing this has truly warmed my heart


I have taken several steps to get to this feeling but I never expected it to be so grand. My journey is far from over but is already worth it. There is no doubt in my mind that I will continue digging deep within myself, confronting myself, challenging myself and accepting myself as I have been doing recently.


I think this is the closet to freedom that I have ever been




Title of post is from "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment