Friday, August 12, 2011

So This Is Inevitable Withdrawal...

I have been seeing a therapist the past few months (totally not ashamed to admit this) and last night he said something that really stuck with me. I thought I should share it because it's something that's just good to know.

I was telling him how I felt like I had worked so hard in school and at work to get to where I am in my life right now and that certain people (mainly my parents) didnt even notice and have never validated my success. Then he said that there are 3 things that nobody could ever take away from you. They are: 1. Your education; 2. Your pride; and 3. Your awareness of self.

As long as you have your education, your pride and you are aware of who you are and what you have accomplished, then you dont need validation from anybody. Truer words have never been spoken.

Below is "Tears Dry On Their Own" by Amy Winehouse. I feel she experienced self discovery in this song.




No comments:

Post a Comment