Thursday, February 23, 2012

And I'll Love You Always

I've been planning my wedding and so far it is really not as simple as I thought it would be. I really don't want this whole big event with 200 people and a catering hall. Truly I want the most minimal type wedding. I am not the Cinderella kind...I wouldn't have minded eloping in Vegas to be honest.

However, we decided to have an actual ceremony. When I picture myself getting married, I see myself on a beach so we have decided to do a destination wedding in Dominican Republic. I love the appeal of waves in the background and pictures with the sunset and my feet dipped in the ocean.

I want something simple, minimal, and elegant with a touch of vintage. The more minimal and simple things are, the better. I want everything to be white, including flowers and decor and have a pop of an accent color. I'm thinking yellow. I would also want the bridal party to all wear white too and I think it would be beautiful if all guests were dressed in white as well.

With the simplicity of my requests, I thought this would be an easy thing to plan. It really, really isn't. There are so many little things involved...invitations, music, decor, menu, etc. Decisions, decisions, decisions!


Title of post is "Part One" by Band of Horses

1 comment: