Friday, February 22, 2013

The Best Things in Life-Ed Sheeran


Seriously, everyone needs to give this British Ginger Angel a chance. He is a true talent, sings like an angel and writes like a genius. I feel like I am listening to excerpts from his personal diary when listening to some songs. All his songs have such beautiful melodies and his voice is like silk against these melodies. The guy is also really into hip-hop, which is such a change from his music but makes me like him all the more. To top it off, he comes off as down to earth and humble, which makes you root for him because you know he is in it for the music and nothing else.

His album "+" (yes, a plus sign) was recently nominated for several Grammy awards this year, but did not win any. I've had + on repeat for months with "Give Me Love," "This," and "Sunburn" being my favorites. With lyrics like "after my blood is drowning in alcohol" in "Give Me Love" and "I could do without a tan on my left hand, where my forefinger meets my knuckle" in "Wake Me Up," the album was definitely Grammy worthy.

 I've also heard his songs on several TV shows (The Vampire Diaries being a big Ed Sheeran supporter-which makes me love the show more) and movies. I myself have used his lyrics for titles of several posts.


This guy has not yet gotten the recognition he deserves just yet, but I feel like he will soon. Talent like that does not go ignored. I am anticipating his second album and I really think the potential for his success will be comparable to Adele's. Just wait and see...

Here is "Give Me Love," one of the most powerful ballads on his album.








No comments:

Post a Comment