Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blame It On Bad Luck

I am on a bad luck streak. My car was attacked last week in the middle of the night while it was PARKED on the block I live on. Some asshole hit her and just kept going. This person hit my car with so much force that it ended up on the sidewalk and it banged into the car parked behind me. So the whole front driver side is destroyed and in pieces as is my driver side tire and rim and my bumper. This was quite an unexpected surprise.



This person MUST have been drunk because I refuse to beleive that people just destroy other peoples' property and dont even think twice about it. I mean how do you just drive away like that? This asshole is causing me so much stress. I had to have the car towed and its sitting in an auto repair shop until my insurance company sends one of their people to "appraise" the car. Then the auto mechanic can start repairing the car. All this can take weeks so I dont even know when I am getting my car back.

All the while, because I am cheap and didnt add a rental car to my policy, I now have to wake up at the asscrack of dawn to catch a 1 hr train ride to work. Then I have to call a taxi to pick me up from the train station and take me to the office. Not to mention that the insurance policy I picked (since I was being cheap again) has a $500 deductible that has to come out of MY pocket. And the worst part is that I just KNOW that my insurance is going to increase now even though I was not at fault. They are gonna say that I live in a "high risk" area since this happened, so I might not even be able to afford to pay for car insurance after this.

Meanwhile, the son a bitch that hit me probably has some minor damage to his or her car and is going about their merry fucking way with $500 in their pocket and a ride to work. How fucking fantastic for them! I am still in so much shock that I am not even mad. I am just upset and disappointed in the human race.

Then, the day after my car almost died, I end up losing my wallet. Not my entire huge wallet with all my credit cards but a small wallet I use for the weekends where I only keep my cash, license, and debit card. This small wallet was an authentic Gucci that I paid too much money for and it's lost along with my license and debit card (I'm broke so I didnt have cash.) The good thing is since I have no car til God knows when, I dont really need my license. And since I'm broke, I guess I'll be able to save some money since I have no debit card and no way of taking out any cash unless I get to a bank before they close. My bank closes at 3pm... I get home from work at 6:30pm. I aint making it on time.

Now for the straw that broke the camel's back. I am working from home today because, well, I have no car or money. I decide to have my breakfast in my bedroom where I planed on staying the whole day. I NEVER eat in the bedroom, EVER. Its a sacred place to me that I like to keep super clean. Well, I broke my rule today and I paid for it because I end up spilling my entire 160z mug of coffee all over my bed, carpet and my white curtains. I had to change my bed sheets and I attempted to soak up the coffee from the carpet while I thought to myself "Thank God I made an extra pot of coffee this morning!" Sadly, I think my carpet is stained and now my bedroom smells like coffee.



And surprisingly enough, I am not even mad at the fact that the world seems to have something against me this week. I really and truly feel nothing. I am treating these things as inconveniences for me. I dont know if this lack of feeling is a good thing...or a bad one, but I dont even care enough to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment