Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Operation Beautiful

As I have mentioned before, with this new year, I have started a process of re-creating myself. I am doing everything I can to be healthy in every possible way. I was directed to a great site by someone very special to me who is also embarking on a journey to being healthy and I want to pass along this info.

The website is called Operation Beautiful and here is the mission:

The goal of the Operation Beautiful website is to end negative self-talk or “Fat Talk.” If this little blog only does one productive thing, I hope it helps readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is — it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically

So basically what they do is that women all over the world leave post it notes with positive messages in random places for other people to find. It is a way to reinforce positive thinking. Although we might not think highly of ourselves, there are others out there that do. Sometimes all we need is a little reassurance or just a random act of kindness to give us the strenght to keep going.

I love this idea and I will definitely be participating in it. I plan on carrying a small pack of post it notes and just leaving them wherever someone would least expect to find a message.

Here are some of the messages I plan to leave:




2 comments:

  1. Omg!! I love that! I think I might participate too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The last sticky reached out to me, I love this project!

    ReplyDelete