Friday, January 28, 2011

Where The Light Is

I have been a bit obsessed with John Mayer lately. Although he is the founder and president of all douchebags, his music is incredible. I am able to separate a person from their talent/craft (Kanye West is another example) so John Mayer's douchy comments and qualities do not affect the way I view or feel about his music.

I mean the guy has been making music for years now and has won several Grammy's and released numerous albums, so the talent is certainly there. His albums are pretty mellow and slightly upbeat. He can come up with some pretty awesome and clever lyrics that really stick with you, and he plays the guitar very well. One of my favorite John Mayer songs is "Gravity." The guitar break in this song is amazing...I mean it literally sounds like it's crying. Its incredibly captivating.

So here's to you John Mayer, a very talented asshat



No comments:

Post a Comment