Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Swim For Brighter Days Despite the Absence of Sun

I woke up to "Swim" by Jack's Mannequin this morning and I realized that I have such a good life. I am healthy, I have a job, I have more than enough to eat, I can pay my bills, I have shelter, I have a family, a great, one of a kind boyfriend, great friends. I have safety, I have freedom, I am independent, etc. There are people who would kill to live the way I do. I mean, I could be living in Haiti and my life would be in chaos or I could be unemployed, starving, living in a shelter, or in a third world country....
And although things might not seem too bright and sunny at the moment, I know that I will eventually feel better. I am not sure what is going on with me right now but I will continue to swim for those days that I know will be brighter....

P.S. I *heart* Jack's Mannequin...

No comments:

Post a Comment