Monday, January 25, 2010

I Was Held Up Bright, but I Was Held Up Battered...


I have been feeling better lately. Ive been making a conscious effort to feel better since the day I woke up to "Swim" (see last post). So I've been making myself go out and do things. And this weekend, I actually had a great time. I went into the city Friday, went to an AWESOME concert Saturday (which I will post more about) and cleaned and cooked Sunday.

Sunday was the most surprising day for me. Cleaning my house was an accomplishment because when I feel down, the last thing on my mind is cleaning....much less cooking but I did both :) oh and not to mention that I also did laundry..I know I know, call me Suzie Homemaker. These things are small signs that I am feeling better

I can honestly say that, once again, music has saved me.

Blog Title is a lyric from "A Fox in the Garden" by Paper Rival-an awesome band with haunting, insightful lyrics and a sound that gets to your soul. Sadly, the broke up two years ago but they definitely still have a strong underground following

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear that you're feeling better.

    the concert you went to was it aventura?? if yes, then i am soo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, tickets were waaaay too expensive. I went to see some underground bands in Jersey lol

    ReplyDelete