Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Making A List, I'm Checking It Twice

Im in the mood for lists so I made a list of the 10 songs that I cannot get enough of at this moment. I go through bouts of obsession so I cannot say that these are my favorite songs of all time (that list is almost impossible for me to make), but they are my favorites for the moment....God knows how long this moment will last. Oh and they arent in any particular order either Here they are:

1. 30 Seconds to Mars-The Kill
I listened to this song about 100 times on Monday. I could not get it out of my head for the whole day and I dont know why, but its a great song. Its goes back a few years but its still just as awesome. Age agrees with Jared Leto.


2. Amy Winehouse-Me and Mr. Jones
"What kind of fuckery is this?" That is a classic line for me. I have been an Amy fan for some time now and I absolutely love her..even if shes a crackheaded alcoholic. She is awesome to me! Back to Black is one of the few albums I could listen to in its entirety on repeat. I just love the 60's doo wop beats.

3. Kings of Leon-The BucketThis song ALWAYS puts a smile on my face and just makes me so happy. The lead singer wrote it for his younger brother, Michael, who is also in the band. I think its a sweet song and the beat is the best. Everyone who knows me knows that Kings of Leon are my boys :)

4. I Am the Avalanche-Green Eyes
I have seen their lead singer, Vinny Caruana, live twice and met him once. I plan on seeing him again soon. He is such a sweetheart...he touches my heart. This is a great song that me and a friend try to analyze and always end up getting different interpretations.

5. Paper Rival-Alabama
I am obsessed with this band and this song. I LOVE THIS SONG!!! Its so painful and heartfelt, it almost makes me cry. Their lead singer, Jacob, has such a haunting voice. He left the band a few years ago and the band just broke up because they know they wont be able to replace that voice. Envy on the Coast did a cover for this song at their Westbury concert 12.27.09

6. Anberlin-Paperthin Hymn
I randomly downloaded this song and Ive come to love it. I havent heard much Anberlin music but if its like this song, then they have gained a fan for sure. I also really like the name of the band. So pretty...

7. Mayday Parade-Jamie All Over
I cannot describe how much I love Mayday Parade-the OLD band. Their second lead singer left the band and he has been replaced. I am so saddened by this because he had such a hardcore voice. He brought an edge to this bands sound that cannot be replaced. Now they sound so mainstream and sweet. It kills me :( This song is awesome though.

8. My Chemical Romance-I Never Told You What I Do For A LivingLeave it to My Chem to have these clever long titles for their songs. I love the line "Im so dirty babe." I like how Gerard sounds so playful in that part, I could almost picture him rolling his eyes when he sings this line for some reason. Overall, good song from a reliable band...and its great to work out to. It really lifts my spirits

9. Death Cab for Cutie-LightnessIf you read my blog, you will see that I am obsessed to the point of needing medical help with Death Cab for Cutie and while its hard to pick a favorite song (probably "What Sarah Said"), this is on my top 3 list. When I listen to this song, I just want to lay down and smile through it. I love all the lyrics and the melody. I just love, love, love it!!!!

10. Paramore-You Are The Only ExceptionI love Hayley Williams. I just wanna put her in my pocket. I like the dynamic of this band and I love the fact that she can actually sing. Their new album is awesome. They have the same sound but there is something different about it which I like. This song is also close to my heart because I can relate to it completely :-*
So thats my list. I even made a playlist so whoever reads this can listen to the songs too :)



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

3 comments:

  1. Love the playlist I'm listening to it right now, because u know that I 2 am obcessed with some of those songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and who do you think that friend is for number 4? YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete