Monday, February 8, 2010

Why Do I Keep Counting?

I decided to make another light post amongst all the dark, deep and serious posts I always make. Since I am in a list making mood, Im gonna make another list. I read Elsie Flannigan's blog (A Beautiful Mess) and she always posts 10 things she loves on Sundays, so Im gonna post 10 things I love today....just for the sake of flattery I guess


10 Things I Love

1. Paris
I want to learn French so badly and I want to visit France sometime early next year. I have a cousin who lives there and told me I am welcome to stay in her huge mansion during my visit. I cant wait. I dont know what it is about this country but it just seems so romantic and it reminds me of an old fashioned movie from the 50's. I absolutely love that era and everything about it


2. Autumn Leaves
My favorite season is fall. I love the colors associated with the fall. Everything brightens up and darkens down at the same time and we see all the beautiful oranges, reds, and browns. I love the weather-not too hot and not too cold. I love how its still light out when its late. I love the crunchy leaves on the ground. I also love that fall is the beginning of hot chocolate, cinnamon, pumpkin, and nutmeg. To me, fall is just so comforting...



3. Bright sunshine peering through white curtains
I cannot explain the affect sunshine has on me. I feel like I need sunshine to survive. There is nothing better than bright sunshine coming in through the windows. I especially love it coming through white curtains. I have long white curtains in my bedroom and sometimes I just lie in bed and revel in the loveliness of the morning. Its so beautiful that I feel like its a small signal from a higher power telling me that life is worth living



4. Books...tons and tons of books
One of my goals in life is to have an at home library. When I buy a house, I am going to use a spare bedroom to make a library. Im gonna install floor to ceiling bookshelves on all the walls and Im gonna buy a comfortable recliner couch and a pretty lamp. By the time this happens, I know my book collection will be immense so Im gonna fill up those shelves and I will color code all my books too. You can bet the room will have long white curtains and I will sit in there and read in the sunshine until the end of time.


5. Beaches at sunset
I am definitely a tropical person. I dont understand people who take vacation in cold places with tons of snow. To me, a vacation is a nice sunny beach and a pina colada with a little umbrella. That being said, one of the things I love the most are beaches at night time. The waves become soothing and just looking at the endless expanse of the horizon allows me to see that this world is a lot bigger than we understand.


6. Purple
My favorite color is black. Sometimes I obsess with another color for a while but I never stray from black. Black is endless, there is no beggining or end. Black is both plain and elegant. You could never go wrong with it. Lately, I have been really into purple...the royal shade. Its very majestic and grand. I am scared of color, which is why I always stick to black, white and gray but purple is close enough to the edge of bland and colorful for me.



7. Red pumps
Ruby red is the only other color, besides purple, that I love. Especially in shoes. I have a pair of ruby red pumps that I have actual feelings for. I love the way a black dress and ruby red pumps looks. To me it says, I am elegant and classy but I have a little wild side to me. Its just so edgy and I love it!




8. Black and White Photography
In black and white, pictures always look timeless, classy, vintage, and nostalgic. I love black and white pics just as much as I love pictures taken in natural sunlight. Taking color out of picture captures the moment more clearly because we focus on the subjects of the picture and are not distracted by colors and lighting. That makes a world of difference to me.



9. Pens
I have a sick pen obession, especially felt tip pens in black ink. I like the fine point ones, like 0.3 thickness. I am very specific about the pens I use, and I collect them. I have tons of pens and I love them all! One day my friend wanted to test me to see if I really remembered each pen I have, so he took my pen cup and took out a random pen and I had to guess which one was missing. Needless to say, I guessed the right one each time. Dont mess with my pens! I will ask you for a pen back if I lend it to you and I am also a klepto so watch your pens around me too

10. Chocolate
I think this one can speak for itself. Chocolate actually has anti-oxidants or something like that, which make a person feel good. There is nothing like the melt in your mouth sweetness of chocolate. Its just as good as sitting in my color coded library in Paris, France during the fall with sunshine peering through my long white curtains while the waves crash on beach outside and I write down notes in my felt tip purple ink pen while wearing my ruby red pumps :)
Post title is same titled song by The Killers

No comments:

Post a Comment