Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And These Foolish Games....

In keeping up with the throwback to the 90's, that I begun a few weeks ago, I wanted to share Jewel "Foolish Games."(Click for video). I woke up with this song in my head today. I had forgotten how much I loved this song back then. I especially love the following lines:

"Well, excuse me,
Guess I've mistaken you for somebody else,
Somebody who gave a damn,
Somebody more like myself "

Its hard to pick out specific lyrics because, honestly, the whole song is lyrically excellent. Its hard not to be affected by the pain in her voice. I mean, I have no doubt in my mind that her heart is breaking. I can actually feel her pain and the confusion caused by the foolish games people play when in relationships.


I think this is song is a great example of how pop music has gone downhill. Its so difficult to find songs this well written and composed and this touching. Maybe its just me...I dont know, but in any case, I still absolutely love this song after so many years ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment