Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Rising Tide Will Not Let You Forget Me

This post is strictly dedicated to me fangirling over Andrew McMahon. You have been warned....

Friday night, I went to the Something Corporate reunion concert. The band broke up several years ago and got back together for a few concert dates that ended up turning into a small tour. I have to say that this concert was one of the most mature and most incredible concerts I have ever been to. There were no tweens or immature teenagers wreaking havoc so I didnt have to endure their stupidity the whole night. Everyone there was just having a great time and we were all so excited for the show.



I had seen Something Corporate (SoCo) live earlier this year but it was a different atmosphere since it was at Bamboozle and not everyone was there for SoCo. Friday's concert just had such a great vibe. The band was excellent live and you could just tell that after so many years they were so thankful that they still have such a large fan base. And their lead singer, Andrew McMahon, was so sweet the whole time and he looked so happy :) He did not disappoint last night, but then again, when does he?



Andrew is incredibly talented and gifted. He writes beautiful lyrics and creates beautiful melodies with his piano. And to top it off, he's oh so sexy! (Fangirling at all time high here!) He also has another band, Jack's Mannequin, that he started on the side and performed with full time after SoCo broke up. They have the song "Bruised" that I absolutely love and where I got my tattoo lyrics from ("Sometimes perfection can be perfect hell.")


Not only is Andrew talented but he is also a cancer survivor. He was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia when he was just 22 and he was able to treat it because it was caught early. He started the Dear Jack Foundation that raises money for cancer research. Is your heart melting yet? Mine is....And I'm not the only Andrew McMahon fangirl out there. A lot of people look up to him because of what he's been through and what he had done personally and musically.

So, in brief, I had a wonderful night Friday. I can only hope that I can experience another concert like that in my lifetime. So thank you Andrew McMahon for being so damn charming, talented, sexy and cool. I've got a school girl crush on you ;)


Title post is from SoCo song "Ruthless"

1 comment:

  1. Damn right. He's a survivor, our Andrew. A smexy, smexy, goddam talented one.

    ReplyDelete