Monday, August 30, 2010

The Road Turned Into A Snake...

Envy on the Coast had their last performance as a band today, Sunday 8.29.10. The show was pretty incredible. They were so energetic and I am sitting here at 3:45am unable to sleep because I still have adrenaline coursing through my body. It was an amazing farewell show and I will only have good memories of this band. I have seen them perform 3 times and they never disappointed so I am really sad that they no longer exist.

The band has decided to break up because 2 of the members are "not happy" in the band. I am not sure what that means but I guess its serious enough that they were willing to break up a union. At first, I felt that those members were selfish and inconsiderate. They did not consider how their decision would affect the other members or how it would affect their future.

Then, I realized that they are not selfish at all. These guys are brave. They did something that many, many people fail to ever do. They were unhappy and they did something about it. They risked everything they worked for and risked their musical careers, as well as the band's career, because they would rather have real, genuine happiness. They know what makes them happy and they were able to identify that music was not it.

I have to respect them for this decision. Many people would have just kept going and been miserable for God knows how long. They would never have the courage to make a decision that causes major, major changes in their lives. I would be one of those people that just goes on living and dealing with my misery. I have done this my whole life. I cant help but wonder how they got to the point in their lives when they were comfortable enough to put themselves and their happiness first. I wonder when they realized what it takes to truly make them happy.

I, on the other hand, am so clueless. I have no idea what makes me happy. I have no idea what I want to gain out of life. I have no idea what my purpose for existing is. I have my shit altogether, but I have never been so lost and I dont even know where to begin to find my way on this road to "happiness..."

No comments:

Post a Comment