Thursday, December 2, 2010

...And Be Reminded That, For Me, It Isn't Over

I have an obsession with British music. I think there are some really great artists that hail from the UK. That being said, I have been patiently and anxiously waiting for Adele to come out with a new album. I absolutely adored her first album "19." It was excellent, truly excellent. I adore this girls voice. It is powerful yet sweet, rough yet smooth, all the while being silky and melodic.

While reading my most recent edition of Rolling Stone magazine (LOVE this magazine), I see that Adele will be realeasing a new album called "21" in early 2011. She also has a new single out!!!! It's called "Rolling in the Deep" and it is awesome!! Click on the link to listen. It has a great old school, upbeat southern feel to it. She also lost some weight and she looks even more beautiful than before.

I also found that she has been performing another new song off her new album. It's called "Someone Like You" and holy shit is this song beautiful. It is amazingly poignant and touching. I cannot stop listening to it and every time I hear it, I feel the need to hold back tears. I am a true sucker for ballads and this is a perfect one. PERFECT. The piano melody is beautifully sad. The lyrics are heart wrenching and her voice is laced with the perfect amount of pain for the song.

You best believe I will be purchasing this album as soon as it comes out.

1 comment: