Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Should Have Known, I Should Have Known

I have a guilty pleasure that I am going to confess. I have come to terms with it and I am no longer ashamed of it. Here it goes:

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE TAYLOR SWIFT!!



There! I said it and I wont take it back because it's true. I love Taylor Swift. I think she is amazing. She is an excellent role model to young girls and she seems so genuine and authentic. She writes all her songs and you can tell they are personal to her by the way she sings them. Not only that, but the lyrics are pretty damn good for someone so young. Even though she is considered a country singer, I really enjoy her songs. She still has innocence and has not been jaded completely by the world yet, but at the same time, she knows a thing or two about life.


Right now her song "White Horse" is stuck in my head. The chorus of this song really hit me:

"I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you
And your white horse, to come around"

I don't think she will ever know how deeply those lyrics affected me. One of my biggest flaws is that deep down, I am a dreamer. I used to believe in fairy tales, I used to think that movies were based off real life but damn Taylor said it so well with this chorus. Life is not a fairy tale and we are not in Hollywood. I was once dreamer but I've been let down so many times already that I refuse to do it anymore. Dreaming has only gotten me hurt.

This was a much needed wake up call and sadly enough, I am resigned to be bitter the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment