Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Need You So Much Closer

Sometimes we feel that nobody has ever been through what we have been through and that nobody has ever felt the way we have felt. The truth is that, somewhere in this vast world, there is a person going through the same thing you are. Or there is someone who has already been through it.

One of the things that amazes me the most is when I find music that feels like it was written for me. Sometimes the lyrics in a song say exactly what I cannot say or don't know how to say. It is comforting to know that other people who have no idea who I am, have felt what I am currently feeling.

This is the case with the song "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie. As many of you know, I love, love, love Death Cab. There is something about their music that really hits home with me. At this moment, this song is saying everything that I have not been able to say to an important person in my life. I need him so much closer...I need him.


No comments:

Post a Comment