Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 4-A Habit That You Wish You Didnt Have

I have a lot of bad habits, but none of them consume my life enough that I have to change immediately. I guess my worst habit is my need to be in control of everything. I am that person that has to make a list for everything, has to plan things out and needs everything in order. In other words, I can be pretty uptight. I need to know what is going on, when and why.

Over the years, I realized how unhappy that made me so I made an effort to change. I have certainly gotten much better at it, but regardless a bit of this still lingers. I dont plan things out to the second like I used to. I still make lists because, really what's wrong with that? But I no longer need to know what is going on, when and why. I try to go with the flow as much as possible and see where fate leads me. Every once in a while, I feel that anxiety to have structure and order bubble up but I push it back down and remind myself that being carefree makes me a much happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment