Friday, April 23, 2010

Did That Get Your Attention, Sweetie?

Last Saturday, I had the BEST concert experience ever. I went to see Vinnie Caruana playing with his band I Am The Avalanche. This was my 4th time seeing Vinnie perform...yes, fourth. I first saw him when I went to see Envy on the Coast in Dec 09 with Delilah. He was so shy and nervous and then he opened his mouth to sing and I was taken aback by how his voice contrasts with his demeanor. I fell in love ever since....(not literally)



So I went to see him again at School of Rock in January, and this was the first time I got to meet him. He is such a sweetheart. He seemed genuinely grateful that we had come all the way to Jersey to see him and he even asked our names. That night, we giggled like school girls on the way home. We promised him we would go to all his shows in the Tri-state area.
His next show was in February, at a bar called Angels and Kings in the city and of course we went to see him. It was open mic night. He was sitting a few seats away from us at the bar and we had already had a few drinks so we got the courage to talk to him again. This time we had a good conversation with him and we asked him a few questions. I even made fun of him (because he takes forever to tune his guitar) and he just laughed. He said he remembered us too (dont know if its true though, but I'd like to think so.) Anyway, we requested him to play our favorite song, "Green Eyes," and he did. I swear that during the song, he looked right at me and smiled. That made my night...



So last week he played with his band at The Studio in Webster Hall. This show was sooo much fun! There was a good sized crowd and they formed a semi mosh pit. People would climb up on stage and sing along with him or they would jump right back into the crowd. At one point, Vinnie jumped into the crowd while still singing but the fans set him right back on stage. There were some people hanging off the ceiling pipes. It was insane!! But I had the BEST time. It was a great show.

We didnt get to talk to him that night, but we had such a great time that we didnt care. After the band left the stage, they played the Brand New album that I LOVE, so we just sat there and sang along to the album til they stopped playing it. Then we got some street meat and headed home.
All in all, last Saturday was a ray of sunshine in my cloudy sky :)




Title of post is from "My Second Restraining Order" by I Am The Avalanche

1 comment: