Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All I Want for Christmas


I was trying to come up with a Wish List for Christmas and I realized that the older I get, the less gifts I want. Christmas is becoming less about gifts and more about spending time with loved ones and just reveling in the holiday spirit.

When I was younger, I used to have a whole list of material things that I wanted and thought I needed. It ranged from toys to clothes to games, and so on. Now, I can only come up with one material thing that I actually need and one that I want but dont really need. The rest of the things I really want are intangible, but mean the most to me.

I guess I am starting to realize that, to me, Christmas is not about gifts and spending money. It is more about preparing myself for a new year to come and giving myself a chance to be born again. Its about realizing what is important to me and being thankful that I am able to gift those I love. It's about reflecting over the past year and counting all the little things as my "gifts."

So here is my Christmas Wish List:

1. Another year to actually live my life
2. Happiness
3. Experience
4. Wisdom
5. Comfort and Security
6. Chi Flat Iron (this is something that I actually do need)
7. Amazon Kindle (dont really need it, just want it)


I don't know when I became such a poster child for a holiday Lifetime movie, but deal with it!

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment