Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beginning of Winter

As I had mentioned, it is starting to feel like winter. While I dont really like the cold, I have realized that I dont like the heat either. I am a fall and spring girl. Always inbetween two extremes.

It could also be that New York winters are just so unbearable. Maybe I would do better in a Georgia or Mississippi winter. Who knows?

In any case, I am welcoming the winter this year. For some reason, I am a little excited for it. I am in the mood to sip on hot chocolate while bundled in a nice warm blanked watching TV on my couch because I am snowed in. I have good winter memories. It was 2 winters ago that I took a 2 week vacation and just stayed home the whole time. I was snowed in most days so I did some reading and cleaning and it was just so great and relaxing. I loved it. I want to do it again this year.

But besides lounging around in a warm bundle, I also want to make sure I take advantage of winter activities. So, like I did for Fall, I am making a winter list. I think I am gonna do one for every season change and see how much I can accomplish. I like these lists because they give me a sense of purpose and some goals to attain. If it was up to me my goal this winter would be to catch every movie on Lifetime.

Here is my list, in no particular order:

Things To Do This Winter

1. Drink gingerbread flavored drinks (and eggnog and other cinnamon/pumpkin drinks and peppermint hot chocolates from Starbucks)
2. Make a gingerbread house
3. Build a snowman/make snow angels/snow ball fight
4. Go ice skating
5. Crochet a hat/scarf/mitten set
6. Get my Christmas shopping done early
7. Watch a play
8. Roast marshmallows
9. Go to the zoo or Botanical Garden
10. Concerts!
11. Put up Christmas lights
12. See a frozen lake
13. Take pictures of icicles on trees...take more pictures in general
14. Get a poinsettia plant and not kill it
15. Homemade bread

Let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment