Sunday, December 27, 2009

Regaining

Today I got something back that was taken from me and those who are important to me. Someone coveted this important factor in my life. Destroyed it, changed it, and shattered its soul. I had mourned the loss of this factor for almost a year now, thinking I would probably never get it back.

You see, this factor and I have a history. We go back 21 years. We grew up together. We shared everything. We were enemies and friends at the same time. I both hated and loved it. It was an extension of me...a distant part of me. Something that knew me so well. Something I knew so well. Something that hurt me so much to lose.

I blamed myself at first...I thought I hadnt done enough to make this factor be the same as it had been all my life. Then I realized I had no control over it and I could only wait around and hope it would come back to my family and myself. And today it did.


Today..... I got my sister back

1 comment:

  1. I am so touched by this post, it makes me feel like I do have a heart. I love you both very much and I will never ever lose either one of you if I can help it :).

    ReplyDelete