Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 11-Write a Poem to Someone You Love

It has been a LONG time since I have done this, but here it goes:


I was doubtful about you
Could not predict our future
Couldnt clearly see you and me becoming we
Not enough reasons to be together
But plenty to stay apart

Yet I jumped in anyway
With my heart then my brain
At times, my decision seemed foolish
Naive, stupid, immature
I never knew if I had done the right thing

Until one day, I heard your laughter
It rose from the pit of your stomach
It rang through your chest
That sound, that precious sound
Took away all doubt from my mind

Everything has been worth it
All the struggles, obstacles and trials
Everything is worth doing again
As long as I get to hear your laughter
For the rest of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment