Monday, March 1, 2010

Rabbit Rabbit



Remember when we were kids and we beleived that if the first thing we said the morning of the first day of a month was "Rabbit rabbit" we would have good luck for the whole month?....Anybody?... I hope someone else knows what Im talking about lol

Needless to say, I never remembered to say "rabbit rabbit" first and always attributed my bad luck to forgetting to say it. Such a simple time....

Lately, Ive been thinking a lot about my childhood. I'm not sure why though. Ive just been feeling very nostalgic and Ive been remembering a lot of things that I never think about. Ive been relishing in remembering happier and simpler times when I was so carefree and didnt really understand the world. In other words, times when I wasnt so cynical.

I always attribute myself to being so grown up and mature but both a co-worker and my boyfriend recently told me that I act like a kid. I think its because Ive been letting go and just trying to be more carefree. I guess its been working.....My co-worker, Wally, also told me to just have some fun once in a while and I dont know why but that hit home.

I decided that I want to be jovial and young at heart. Im tired of the heavy, mature burden Ive been carrying my whole life. Carefree is something foreign to me but I dont want it to be any longer. I want to enjoy myself and do things a 23 year old should be doing. My youth is just beginning. Im not planning on having kids until Im at least 30 so I have a good 7 years to have fun.

And I think that FINALLY, Im gonna take advantage of that

*Thanks Wally

1 comment:

  1. ive never heard of that rabbit thing.

    i want to enjoy myself also. maybe we can do it together? yay. hehe.

    ReplyDelete