Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 14-A Non Fictional Book

So I was violently ill this weekend and missed a day, so my cycle is ruined, but I'll get over it. Non-fiction......its not something I read often. I dont have anything against it, I just dont find myself looking for non-fictional books.

So it was pretty easy for me to pick a book to share for this post. The book is "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote. They made a movie for it several years ago called Capote and after I saw the movie, I felt like I HAD to read the book .


Its about a murder that happened many years ago. These two men randomly select a house and murder the entire family (its been a while since I read the book so the details might be incorrect or very general.) Truman Capote is a writer that is so fascinated by this murder and he is determined to find out why these men committed this crime. So he interviews them in jail and goes into their past. He does an extensive amount of research and recreates the entire day of the murder, in great detail, just by what he digs up and gets from the criminals. It is just fascinating how Capote gets so involved in this investigation, it basically becomes his life. Capote so eclectic and his personality is captivating. Also, the criminals and the way their minds work is mind boggling.


This book is definitely an interesting read and the movie was great, so I recommend both.

2 comments:

  1. OR you could edit the date on the post, edit it to remove your statement, then delete my comment so we'll both stop twitching and forget this ever happened... hm... best to let it go "/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it out!! Now it doesnt look like my cycle was disrupted :)

    ReplyDelete