Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 8- A Photo That Makes You Angry/Sad

The picture I chose makes me both angry and sad...more sad than angry though. This was the last picture my family took with my grandfather before he died. He came to New York in Jan 2009 to see if he could get better treatment for his lung cancer. They told him there was no hope and that he was going to die. He ended up passing away in March 2009.

If you look at my grandfathers face (he is the one in the middle), he looks defeated. The look on his face is that of a man who knows he is going to die and everytime I look at it, it tugs at my heart strings. I cant imagine what it must be like to know that your time on this earth is limited and I cant help but wonder what was going through his head at that point.

Now the reason why this picture also makes me mad is because I have one brother and one sister, but you only see my brother there. I cant remember why my sister didnt come to see him but it makes me so angry to know that she wasnt there. I guess it wasnt important enough for her or I guess she didnt take his illness seriously. Still, the point is that this is an incomplete family photo. And there is nothing we can do to change it.

R.I.P Papa Tiodo

No comments:

Post a Comment