Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 16-A Song That Makes You Cry (Or Emotional)

I have been touched by many, many songs in my lifetime. Some songs evoke emotion upon first hearing them because they are so beautiful and touching. Others have sad meanings or the melodies cries. And then there are other songs that are sung with such pain that you cant help but feel the singers emotions. Lastly, there are songs that bring back memories that make you emotional and nostalgic.

I chose a song that brings back memories. This song is a Spanish song called "Si Tu Me Dices Ven" by Zaccarias Ferreira, a Dominican Bachata singer. I found a stray Mixed CD in my car the other day and I was playing through it to see what songs were on it. When this song came on, I audibly gasped and started to cry. I was infront of Victor when this happened and it took me a few minutes to compose myself. Thankfully, he never asked me what was wrong.

I cant explain why but this song evoked so many emotions in me. It made me remember a time in my youth when I was on top of the world because I had great friends. It was a time in my life where everything was about my friends and myself. I remember it was a big group of us and we all started dating each other (because thats what a group of hormonal teenage boys and girls do) and we were all at a party. One of the guys requested this song to be played and all the guys dedicated it to us girls.

This memory and what it entails made me incredibly nostalgic. I was glad that it was a memory I didnt block out and could actually remember but at the same time I was so sad because I'll never experience it again. At that time, me and that group of friends thought we would all be friends forever. One of us passed away the summer of that same year and we all fell apart. I guess we couldnt be together anymore because there was someone missing. This persons death is the reason why I limit my frienships now. I learned that it really fucking hurts to lose someone you care so much about at such a young age. That lesson has stuck with me for life and I still mourn this persons death because along with him dying, so did my desire to make friends.

This song is beautiful both in its meaning and melody. It makes me remember that at one point in my life, I didnt question reality. I just lived. It makes me believe that one day, I can be that way again....






No comments:

Post a Comment